1. We are bound by the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) and we will comply with them to the extent required by the Privacy Act 1988.
2. COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The kinds of personal information we hold
We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to perform our functions.
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon the type of products and services we provide to you or purchase from you. However, it may include:
- information you give us when you request a product or service from us or enter a competition of ours. This information will include your name, address and contact details;
- credit related information necessary to assess applications for credit and personal guarantees;
- records of communications between us and you; and
- if you have or had one of our products, information about the use of that product or your opinions about that product recorded when you respond to a survey.
3. USING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We respect your privacy. Any personal information which we collect about you will only be used for the purposes for which it is collected or for related purposes.
In some circumstances we may use your personal information to provide you with information about other products and services offered or distributed by us. In order to do this, we may disclose your personal information to organisations to whom we outsource functions such as a mailing house.
Contracting out services and disclosures
In some cases we contract out some of our functions (such as mailing) to external service providers. We may disclose your personal information to these service providers but only so that they can provide the services that we have contracted out to them.
4. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In most cases, you can gain access to personal information that we hold about you. We will handle requests for access to your personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
We will deal with all requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible. Requests for a large amount of information, or information which is not currently in use, may require further time before a response can be given. In some cases, consistent with the National Privacy Principles, we may refuse to give you access to personal information we hold about you.
Generally, if you request us to do so we will amend any personal information about you held by us which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If we disagree with you about the accuracy completeness or currency of a record of your personal information held by us, we will take reasonable steps to associate with that record a statement to the effect that you claim this to be the case, if you request us to do so.
5. WHAT TO DO IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HOW WE MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR WISH TO COMPLAIN ABOUT A BREACH OF YOUR PRIVACY
You can get more information about the way we manage personal information about you which we hold, by calling us on 1800 645 515, or by writing to us at the postal or email addresses set out below.
If you are concerned that we may have breached your privacy and wish to make a complaint, please contact us by calling us on 1800 645 515, or by writing to us at the postal or email addresses set out below.
GWF Consumer Information Centre (CIC)
PO Box 227
Enfield, NSW 2136
Phone:1800 645 515