Chickpea & Feta Tabouli Salad
Rate this recipe
- 4 Bazaar© Lebanese Breads
- 1/2 cup burghul
- 250ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked and coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh continental parsley, leaves picked and coarsely chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 125g Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh lemon juice
- Place burghul in a heat proof bowl. Pour over boiling water and set aside for 12 - 15 minutes or until soft. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Cut each round of Lebanese bread into eight pieces. Bake for 10 minutes until crisp. Cool on a cake cooler.
- Add chickpeas, herbs, tomatoes, shallots and feta to the burghul. Toss gently with olive oil and lemon juice. Season with black pepper.
- Serve in bowls with Lebanese bread pieces.