Grilled Lamb Turkish with Minted Yoghurt
Rate this recipe
- 1 Bazaar Turkish Pide
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tblsp mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tblsp tomato chutney
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 350g lamb back strap
- 150g greek yoghurt
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft and transparent. Stir through balsamic vinegar. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grill lamb for 5 minutes on each side or until done to your liking. Remove and slice. Allow lamb to rest while wrapped in foil (this will tenderise the meat as well as keep it warm).
- Stir the garlic and fresh mint through the yoghurt.
- Split the Turkish Pide horizontally and spread each half with onions, lamb, tomato then cheese. Grill in the oven until the base is crispy and the cheese has melted. Top with rocket leaves and minted yoghurt to serve.