Sweet Couscous & Lentil Salad with Pita Pockets
- Heat oil and gently fry onion slowly for 5 – 10 minutes until soft. Add vinegar and sugar, stir for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Place couscous in heat proof bowl. Add boiling water, stir and cover for 5 minutes.
- Use a fork to separate grains and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add onion mix, lentils, herbs, dates, pinenuts, tomatoes, lemon rind and juice, then gently toss to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon into serving plates and serve with a dolop of yoghurt and halved Pita Pocket Breads.